Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tuesday, July 5th

Written July 6th
 
Yesterday was the worst day yet for me.  I don't recall the majority of the cycling, as I literally just went through the motions.  In the end, I cycled 54.4 kilometers and proceeded to sleep on and off the rest of the day.  Heather said it best when she told me last night that I haven't smiled for days and that there is nothing positive coming from me.  Given that from Trenton to Cobourg, I didn't give out a single Cycle For Lyme flyer or speak to anyone about Lyme disease, I can not disagree.  What I will say is that this is what being physically beaten into submission by a relentless bacterial infection does.  It never allows a minute of piece and there is no way to sit, stand, or lay down that will give any sort of relief to the pain.  In many respects, on days like yesterday, it is no wonder that our healthcare system has turned its back on those with Lyme - maybe they actually really do know what we with Lyme go through, but given that there is no treatment for the disease, it is simply easier to turn a blind eye and deny that so many people are going through such a horrible kind of life.  Maybe it helps them sleep better at night to simply keep telling us it is all in our heads.
 
The good news is that since sleeping the majority of the last 14 hours, I am in better shape this Wednesday morning than I have been in days.  Hopefully it will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment