Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 12

Morning -No matter what the weather, how my body holds up, today will be a great day.  My wife, son, and mother are meeting us today and I will be riding a section of today's journey with son.  It doesn't get any better than that.

 

Gavin and I bicycled from Meaford to Craigleigh Provincial Park on the bike trail that runs on the old railway line, a total of approximately 25 km.  We got to talk the entire way and I had the opportunity to here everything I missed in the last 12 days.  It was as good as it gets - thanks buddy!

 

After I cycled into Collingwood, Maciek, my mom, Heather, Gavin, and I had a late lunch and spent some time together before I headed off to Wasaga Beach where I ended my day 67.4 ahead of yesterday.

 

The wind was wild all day. I ended being hit with gusts from behind, the side, and from the front.  And finally, to top off the perfect day, I had my first flat tire which ended up being a sliver of metal that went through the tire, the flack jacket, and the tube with no difficulty at all.  A quick patch and ready to roll.

 
It was great to see my family and have a bit of a break (although I didn't slack off Gavin) from the routine that has developed.







No comments:

Post a Comment