Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 4

I have to admit that I was like a snail getting myself moving this morning.  It would appear that after yesterday, one look at the wind outside and any motivation I had went south.  The ride into Aylmer was without a doubt, the hardest yet.  We arrived in St. Thomas and I decided to bypass the town and start again on the west side.  This turned out to be a good plan and I put 35 km on the odometer in record time.  To top up my day, back in St. Thomas this evening, I cycled over 18 km through and around town to end on a very positive note.  And we saw and photographed the most beautiful herd of cows ever.  Kate promises to eventually get one of them up on the blog. 

 
Starting on the downside, this morning was tough, however, by the end of the day, it was a great sense of accomplishment.   We were waiting at a road construction stop, and ended up speaking to the flagman.  When he found out what we are doing, he immediately grabbed for a five dollar bill and wished us all the best.  The general open consideration for what we are doing is such a wonderful part of this journey.  



 




All in One






No comments:

Post a Comment