Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 9

Wow, what a day. The weather started off wet and dreary but turned out to a nice sunny afternoon. The thunder and lightning didn't start until 7:30 pm in the evening.  As far as the ride went, I lucked out.
 
The bad news was that Kasia, our "manager", had to go back to work in Toronto for tomorrow, so we put her on the train in Sarnia at 6 am this morning.
 
The good news is that it appears that Kasia has been holding me back from my full potential (just kidding), because today I cycled from Sarnia to just south of Goderich, at total of 101.1 kilometers........who is the slacker now Gavin Christie.
 
It may be no big deal for an athletic young adult to spin 101.1k in a day, but quite a milestone for a 47 year old guy who less than a year ago was sleeping 18 to 20 hours a day for days, even weeks at a time.
 
While videoing Maciek swimming in Lake Huron (I have it recorded because I couldn't quite believe it myself), we met three woman on the beach who all knew something about Lyme but as with most, did not know the truth regarding the devastating effects it can have on one's life and that of one's family. Ladies, thank you for the great talk!
 
It also occurred to me that I need to thank Paul at BikeSports in Newmarket, Ontario.  Paul set my Specialized Secteur Sport up about 5 days before I left for this trip, and I must say it has been flawless thus far.  It took some time, but it was well worth the wait. Thank you for your attention to detail Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment